A yummy source of protein for your little one, these chicken and apple fingers will go down a treat.
- 1 cup chicken mince
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium apple
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/2 cup fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs – divided into two quarter cup amounts
- pinch thyme
- pinch black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Peel and grate the carrot, apple, garlic and onion.
- Place into a mixing bowl. Add the chicken mince.
- Add the beaten egg yolk, one amount of the breadcrumbs, thyme and black pepper. Mix well.
- Take large spoonfuls of the mixture and roll into cylinders – flatten slightly. You will have approximately eight.
- Roll in the remaining breadcrumbs.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 mins on each side (20 minutes in total).
- Allow to cool.
- Serve. These can also be frozen.