Egg Cartons are great for crafting. Kids can make so many fun and simple crafts with them. I love the simplicity of this egg carton flower idea. And for our Northern hemisphere friends, they’re perfect to make for a spring Easter craft with kids.
This is a really great craft to do with younger children. The egg cartons are easy and fun to work with, and I find that young children enjoy painting on different objects and textures. It keeps it interesting for them.
I hope you’ll love my egg carton flower craft idea.
Egg Carton Flower Craft
What you need:
Resene test pots in various colours (We used Colour me Pink, Buzz, Tomorrow and kingfisher Daisy)
Dowel or bamboo skewers
Hot glue gun and glue
What to do
1. Cut your egg carton into a square, trim around the sides, and lastly cut off the pointy bit in the middle.
2. Using a range of Resene test pots, paint the inside of your egg cartons. I put out a small selection of test pots for my kids to use. I find really bright colours, and contrasting colours are always a hit. If your kids are anything like mine they’ll enjoy mixing all the colours up on the flower while they are painting them. And for this craft idea, that’s perfect!
3. While the egg carton is drying twist the pipe cleaners around and around, up a piece of dowel, or a bamboo skewer. This will become the flower stems. You’ll need to use about 3 to 4 pipe cleaners to cover the skewer. You could also add a pipe cleaner leave to the stem, by ending one pipe cleaner in a large loop, and tying it back in with the next pipe cleaner twist.
4. Once the egg carton is dry, push a large pompom through the back of the carton so the pompom is just poking out of the hole in the middle.
5. Finally, hot glue gun the pipe cleaner stem onto the back of your flowers.