This final recipe in our Family Christmas menu is this AMAZING Passionberry Pavlova. A dreamy mix of sweet flavours and the tartness of the berries and the passionfruit make the perfect summer combination. Enjoy! If you’ve missed the other recipes in this menu, you can see them below.
- 150ml eggwhite
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornflour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 cup single pouring cream
- ½ cup passionfruit pulp
- 250g strawberries, stalks removed and sliced
1. Set oven temp to 150C. In a glass or metal bowl, add egg whites and beat with a mixer until they form white soft peaks. I whisked on a low setting and it only took 3 mins. Gradually add the sugar, 1 tbsp at a time and whisk well until it feels thick and looks glossy. Add cornflour and vinegar and whisk until just combined. On a baking tray lined with baking paper, pile merigue high in the centre and using a spatula spread the mixture out to the edges so you get an indented top but the sides are high all the way around. This is your space for the cream. Reduce oven to 120 C. Bake for 1hr 20mins. Turn off oven and leave pavlova to cool completely in the oven. I opened my oven up just a little bit at this point, as a previous Pavlova went a light brown colour, so I didnt want to overcook it. Its hard as every oven is different but this technique worked for me, my pavlova stayed white.
Whip cream until soft peaks form and spoon into the middle indented space. spread over top. Add strawberries and drizzle over passionfruit.
Have you seen the other delicious recipes in this Family Christmas Menu?