We have quite a few paper plates left lying around from children’s birthday parties gone by. So I thought I’d share a few more paper-plate-create ideas for your kids.
This rainbow dream catcher is a super-easy idea, and came about because my son has been talking about having bad dreams lately. So I thought it would be a fun idea to create a bright and colourful dream catcher with him, to catch those bad dreams.
Rainbow Paper Plate Dream Catcher
What you need
Resene test pot paints in Irresistible, Half Turbo, Chilean Fire, Wham, Snap, Kingfisher and Boogie Wonderland
Scissors or craft knife
Feathers in Pink, Blue, and Purple
What to do
1. Using a craft knife or scissors cut out a hole in the middle of the paper plate
2. Hole punch around the inner circle. If your kids are anything like mine, they’ll love hole punching, so don’t get too caught up on how many holes they punch!
3. Using a wide brush, paint one stripe starting with Resene Irresistible. Wash your brush between each colour and then add your next colour. The colour order I used was Irresistible, Chilean Fire, Half Turbo, Wham, Snap, Kingfisher and Boogie Wonderland.
4. Let your paint dry.
5. Once the paint is dry cut a long piece of wool and start threading it through the holes, in a criss-cross formation to make a web for catching dreams!
6. Punch 4 extra holes at the bottom so you can tie on your feathers.
7. Lastly, punch a hole at the top and thread a piece of string for hanging above your child’s bed.
If you enjoyed this craft be sure to check out hundreds more ideas in our Creative arts for kids section.