Here’s an easy meal that’s great for weekends. Serve with this Easy Cheesy Quiche with a garden salad and fresh bread rolls. Substitute spinach and pumpkin with corn kernels and bacon, or leftover roasted vegetables for easy alternatives.
Leftovers can be eaten cold the next day.
This dish can be prepared during the day, stored in the fridge and popped in the oven before dinner.
Ingredients for Easy Cheesy Quiche
- 250 g (8 oz) packet of chopped frozen spinach (defrosted in the fridge the night before)
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced100 g (31/3 oz)
- raw pumpkin, grated
- 5 eggs
- 80 g (2 ½ oz) cheese, grated
- 80 g (2 ½ oz) Danish feta cheese, crumbled roughly
- 125 ml (4 fl oz) milk
Instructions for Easy Cheesy Quiche
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced (350°F/gas 4) and line a pie dish with baking paper.
- Snip the corner off the spinach bag and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Mix all ingredients, pour into lined pie dish and bake for approximately 1 hour or until firm and golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
SERVES THREE ADULTS AND TWO TODDLERS
From Wholesome Food for Busy Parents by Cassandra Fenaughty, published by New Holland, $35.00.