Coming into the summer months meals need to be simple, yet tasty. This smoked chicken salad is such a delightful dinner as a main course for 4-6 people but is also a great dish to bring dinner parties and used as a shared plate.
My family thoroughly enjoys this dish and it has now become one of our top 5 go to meals. It incorporates the fresh herbs available to us in Summer and the delightful smoked flavours of the chicken. When chicken is not available, I replace it with smoked fish (even smoked salmon/gravlax is a perfect protein) I know that you will enjoy the simplicity of putting the salad together and may even place your very own twist on it. Bon Appetite
Ingredients for smoked chicken salad
- 1 Smoked chicken – skin off, stripped and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 head broccoli florets steamed
- 1 tomato sliced into half moons
- 1 Green capsicum sliced
- 1 Red Onion sliced into half rings, separated
- 4 cups cooked pasta shells
- 15 stuffed olives, sliced
- 1 small pot of Basil or Coriander pesto
- 1/2 cup Sunflower seeds
Place everything into a large salad bowl. Toss through the Pesto and Sunflower seeds to finish.
For hundreds more nutritious recipe ideas for busy parents check out our Lifestyle: Recipes section.