The Food Show Wellington kicks off for another year and the capital is sure to be buzzing from May 11 – 13 2018 as celebrity chefs come together with exhibitors to create a foodie packed weekend!
Leading the charge at The Food Show’s NEFF Cooking Theatre will be two of New Zealand’s most favourite foodies – Masterchef winners Nadia Lim and Chelsea Winter. Since coming into Kiwis’ lives via our TV screens, both of these stand-out women have gone on to achieve incredible things in the food world; their range of popular cookbooks gracing the kitchen benchtops of thousands of New Zealanders!
Kiwi Families has been given some wonderful recipes to share with our readers from Nadia Lim. This is Nadia Lim’s Mexican Street Corn recipe with is super delicious and quick and easy to make.
Nadia Lim’s Mexican Street Corn
Mexican Street Corn
This is the best way I know to eat fresh corn. Don’t get me wrong, I love corn on the cob with nothing but butter and salt, but this way just takes it to a whole new level of mouth-watering goodness. It’s no wonder this corn dish is sold everywhere on the streets of Mexico.
- 6 Whole corn cobs Husks and silks removed
- Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Melted Butter
- 1/4 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper or chilli powder
- 1/4 cup Parmasan Cheese finely grated
- 2 Limes cut into wedges, to serve
1. Preheat barbecue to medium-high heat (alternatively heat a large, heavy-based fry pan on medium-high heat).
1. Brush corn cobs with oil and season with salt. Grill on the barbecue, or in a pan, until slightly charred all over and kernels are bright yellow, about 10 minutes.
1. Mix mayonnaise with melted butter. Transfer corn to a serving plate and, while the corn is still hot, brush generously with mayonnaise mixture, and sprinkle with smoked paprika, cayenne pepper and parmesan. Serve immediately with lime wedges to squeeze over just before eating.