Michelle Wooley made the change to go gluten and dairy free with her family.
She says Inspiring people are doing great things for changing the way people eat. For example, Jamie Oliver has a huge range of Gluten free recipes and as I am learning as Ellen Allard says “Its so easy to be gluten-free”. Type gluten free in Google and you will find a huge resource, but even easier than that is simply checking out the recipe books you already have. If you have a recipe that needs tweaking to fit your diet, start writing in substitutes for the gluten or dairy ingredients. It can be that simple.
This is her take on a gluten free and dairy free Lasagne. It is easy to make and taste great. The whole family will be sure to love it. Enjoy
Michelle’s Gluten and Dairy Free Lasagne
Try this easy to make and tasty Gluten and Dairy Free Lasagne
- 1 Packet of prime mince
- 1 box of Diamond gluten free lasagne Just the least expensive one I found on special
- 1 can Beans kidney beans, baked beans, chilli beans – whatever suits that is gluten free
- 2 cans Chopped tomatoes
- 2 Celery stalks chopped
- 1 Carrot grated
- Tomato sauce to taste
- 2 cups Spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup Vegeta Gluten free “Gourmet Stock”
- BRAGG All purpose seasoning use as much as you like to taste
- 3 tsp Curry powder
- 3 tsp Mustard powder
- 5 cloves Garlic crushed and chopped
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Angel Food Dairy Free Cheese Alternative We got ours from countdown
- Paprika to sprinkle on top
- Himalayan salt and cracked pepper to suit taste
- Rice oil or use butter if you are able to 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp Mustard powder
- 1/4 cup Coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Brown rice flour
- 1/2 litre Rice milk or any other soy, goats, almond etc will probably all work fine
Turn the oven onto 180 degrees celcius
Stir fry onion, celery, garlic, stock, curry and mustard powder
Add mince and stir until browned
Add all purpose seasoning, grated carrot, tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce and Himalayan salt & cracked pepper to taste. Let simmer on low heat for 45 minutes (or less if you like, I was busy working so just let it sit, but the flavour intensifies the longer it simmers).
Spray oil a baking dish, add 1⁄4 of mince mixture. Add a layer of lasagne sheets. Add layer of white sauce (from recipe below). Add layer of spinach leaves. Add layer of mince.
Then repeat the layers ending with a layer of lasagne sheets and white sauce on the top. Sprinkle cheese on top and sprinkle with paprika
Bake in oven for 45 minutes at 180 degrees celcius. Serve with a simple salad fresh raw salad.
Bring oil or butter to heat
Slowly add in brown rice flour and mix
Gradually add rice milk a bit at a time, continuously stirring
Add in curry and mustard powder and coconut flour
keep adding milk until you have enough white sauce to use between layers