A tiny, grainlike pasta, orzo (or risoni) is the perfect sized pasta for small children and babies. Combined with vegetables, it makes a healthy and balanced meal.
- Few drops olive oil
- 1 capsicum, chopped finely
- 1 courgette, grated
- 1 cup corn kernals
- 400 gm can chopped or pureed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons orzo
- Heat a frypan over a medium heat.
- Cook capsicum in oil for three minutes. Add courgette and corn, cook two minutes further.
- Pour in can of tomatoes, stir through vegetables and continue to cook for approximately 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook orzo according to packet directions.
- Blend or puree vegetable mixture if it looks lumpier than you are comfortable with.
- Stir orzo through 1/4 cup of vegetable mixture. Freeze remaining vegetable mixture in 1/4 cup amounts for future meals.