I love being creative and crafty in all aspects and know how much children crave the stimulation and challenges that especially arts and crafts can create. My two daughters are still very young and within the day I try to create different tasks that will get them using their ‘creative geniuses’. I love the idea of painting and drawing with HEAPS of colours, different textures to use, different size brushes and just an open space with lots of paper or even canvases to go wild on.
This art project – painting- is extremely simple- make it fun and GET MESSY 🙂
– Use sponges, brushes, cut potatoes, even hands to get different textures and patterns
– They will love adding glitter, dust etc when the paint is still drying
– If they paint on paper frame it or get them painting on some plain canvas then re-gift to the grandparents for xmas or even hang on your own wall. You can purchase small canvases from the
Warehouse or spotlight really cheaply.
– Take them outside on a sunny day and just spread out with heaps of different coloured paints etc telling them the colours at thesame time (get some learning in also :))
– Paint fingers, toes etc and ‘squash’ onto their paper to get hand prints
-For very small children, you could paint them a visually stimulating picture for their rooms using Black, red and white.
Honestly, the more the mess the more the fun and they will learn heaps more too. Get everyone involved and they will all learn loads!