The simplest risotto you’ve ever heard of! Make your own nutritious chicken stock from chicken bones and vegetable off-cuts, then use it as a no or low-sodium alternative to ready-made or powdered stock.
- 4 tablespoons (60g) butter
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely diced
- 3 bacon rashers, finely diced
- 200g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 cups (370g) Arborio rice
- 1.25 litre chicken stock
- 700g pumpkin
- 1/2 cup (50g) grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Melt butter and fry onion, bacon and mushrooms until the bacon is crisp.
- Pop all ingredients in a casserole dish and mix well.
- Cook, uncovered for 30 minutes.
(Recipe from Baby Bowl by Kim McCosker – used with kind permission)