As an international and domestic tourism destination, Queenstown covers the spectrum of family accommodation needs. No matter what your preference, there will be the right accommodation type in Queenstown for you and your family, but we recommend that you BOOK AHEAD to secure your desired place to stay. Queenstown is pretty heavily booked most of the year, particularly during all school holidays and the ski season, so make enquiry online about availability and service/facility options.
Family Sized Accommodation
In this section we feature a range of accommodation options that fit different size families and varying family budgets. You may choose from the following:
On a Budget: Holiday Parks and Hostels with family rooms
Mid Range: B&B, Farmstays, Homestays and Motels
A Bit of Luxury: Hotels, Lodges and Resorts
- Check out Queenstown’s great variety of backpackers and hostel accomodation
- There are also a number of great holiday parks and campsites.
Queenstown Lakeview Holiday Park
Nestled on an elevated terrace overlooking Lake Wakatipu and the majestic Remarkables, the Queenstown Lakeview Holiday Park is ideally situated just 2 minutes from the town centre and very close to other attractions.
- Holiday Flats – fully self-contained, for 4-5 people
- Studio Units – self-contained, for 4-5 people
- Powered Campervan, Caravan, & Tent sites
- Non-powered tent sites
Other facilities include adventure playground, BBQs, internet, TV room, lakeview kitchens, laundries, showers/toilets.
- There are a variety of motel rooms for those looking for extra facilities during their stay
- Self contained and serviced apartments can also offer good value, with kitchens to help you keep the food bill in check
- Some Bed and Breakfasts can also be quite affordable.
- There are lots of amazing hotels and resorts
- Sometimes people rent out their luxury homes to holiday-goers.