I think most parents worry a bit about having their children’s photos online, especially in something like Facebook. I know I’m pretty careful with my setting in this regard. Facebook as just announced a new function called Scrapbook. It’s an optional way to organise photos of children, using a special tag parents create. After choosing this tag, the photo will be added to a customisable scrapbook. And, photos you choose to tag can be shared with your friends and your partner’s friends.
It’s important that parents are in control of these photos, so:
- You can opt to co-own the scrapbook with a partner who you’re in a relationship with on Facebook.
- You choose what you call the tag—it could be your child’s name, initials or something fun.
- You and your partner choose which photos to tag.
- Only you and your partner can tag your child in photos.
- There are lots of reminders and tips to guide you along the way.
Sounds like a great way to manage images of your children on Facebook! You can find out more in the Facebook newsroom.