Mother’s Day is a great opportunity to celebrate how important mothers are. We all know that we should do it all year long but it’s nice to take the opportunity to make the mother in your family feel a little bit special.
Here are some other simple ideas that you and your children can make for mum:
1. For the littlies, you can get them outside with the paints. I placed my daughter outside with old clothes, a paint brush, lots of different coloured paints and a small canvas just from the Warehouse and let her be creative. The canvas can then be dated and displayed on your wall or alternatively you could get them to paint on paper and frame it.
2. Harvey Norman and websites like Vista Print have some great personalised ideas at a cheap prices. You can add your own pictures to mugs, key rings, calendars and so on. It just takes a bit of time on the computer but comes out awesome, plus they can deliver to your house.
3. Get some moulding clay and create some 3D images of you and your children’s hands or feet. Or you could paint/ink on their feet/hands, and stand on some nice paper and frame.
4. Make you own Mothers day card. Just use anything you may have in the house – coloured card, glitter, pens, photos, ribbon etc. She will love whatever you come up with and it’s very personal.
5. The good ole breakfast in bed is always in winner. Something easy that the kids can help with. Pancakes, toast, fruit, etc
6. You can also make some basic dough, which you can mould and then pop into the oven to set (If you want to hang them anywhere poke a small hole in the top somewhere so you can put ribbon or string though to hang once you have finished decorating). They last a long time and you can get really creative. Paint them after and they will look even better.
I’d love to know what you’re doing for your mother this year… feel free to comment below!