Here great recipe for babies as they start to get used to new flavours and textures.
MAKES 1 CUP
. 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
. 25g leek, washed and finely sliced and diced
. 150g peeled sweet potato
. 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
. 75g cauliflower, cut into florets
. 30g cheddar cheese, grated
• Heat butter in a frying pan and add the leek.
• Sauté gently for 3 minutes or until soft.
• Add the sweet potato, pour over the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
• Add the cauliflower, cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
• Pour mixture into a blender, add the grated cheese and whizz together.
• Serve warm.
(Recipe from Baby Bowl by Kim McCosker- used with kind permission)